Saturday, March 1, 2014

Humbugs!

Before I tried a humbug like one of Just Nan's that would have to turn out like the picture, I thought it better to try a couple that I didn't have pictures with which to compare.  So here they are - both filled with crushed walnut shells.   They are a real confidence booster, only one piece of fabric ... how could I go wrong!  But the next time I will make sure the end I'm closing up is straighter since that is where the seam is, to not have that on the front side.   But I am very pleased with how they look and a good experience to learn from for the next time.  The first one I used 14 ct Fiddler's Lite, Gentle Art and Crescent Colors, attached beads for the cording ends and a short piece of twine to the bottom seam and knotted those ends.   The other humbug is done on 18 ct dirty aida (?) with Caron Waterlilies and Threadworx (?) that I braided for the hanger.

Another humbug I designed myself is being done on 28 ct Fabric Flair (similar to Floba) ... this one will be MUCH bigger so once I get finished with Winter Hearts I hope to get going on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment