Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Coming up with a name for my blog was a long and winding road.   Possibilities were Allusions of the Pewter Frog, The Rustic Needle, Rustic Needle's Renditions, The Tortoise and The Bear, Thimblepie, Thimblerock, Through the Glass Darkly, Through the Eye of the Needle, Me, Myself and I of the Needle, French Knot Dilemma ... OK I don't need to go on.   That should be one of my New Year's Resolutions ... try to stay away from tangents.   Oh, The Tangential Needle.   And I just said I wouldn't do that.   But I had to slip that one in.   Just when I thought I came up with a good one, on second thought it sounded to lofty, too dumb, too proud, too ordinary ... sounds like another tangent.   Well I do like to play around with writing, because I have always loved the written word ... poetry, especially when the meaning is fashioned sort of like a puzzle, so that the meaning is there, but not outright obvious ... so that as you think about what was written, layers sort of evolve from it creating a multi-dimensional effect.   So I finally decided the blog name should be something concise and creative, sort of a 'tip of the iceberg' about me, not revealing much at the outset.   The word needle is used so much I thought ... well, thimble isn't and I use that idea in an unfinished poem ... and the image I create there really jumpstarted this blog name.   Thimblepie is snapping a person on the top of the head and Thimblerock was the name of a geological formation (which fascinates me) ... but also wouldn't work ... so I thought of how important our heart is.   Not just the muscle, but where our thoughts and feelings come from.   So one word comes from the two and now I can proceed with unraveling ...
unraveling what?   Well it's time for bed, Malachi wants to snuggle with me, my feet are cold and tomorrow (no it's today already) is another day, another year.
So HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment